Friday 1 October 2010

The Bond Babe - Is back...

...she may have subtly, and all so be it sultrily hugged the shadows for a little while there, but like any Bond girl this was only a tactic of alluring intrigue, of coyness and suspense. Making my way up to the auto rickshaw for the second time in as many days, I flexed out my chest ever so slightly, so slightly that even an adolescent boy who had been looking out for such a move, wouldn't have been able to detect it - and yes, the sports bra was enabled and ready to support!

With memories of the last auto rickshaw kangaroo jumping and conk out on my mind, I took my battered pride in my stride. As the red auto rickshaw, I'm told goes by the name "Radegund," loomed ahead of my path, we made our acquaintances once again, with a glint of questioning in my eye that even Clint Eastwood would no doubtingly be proud of, I approached the drivers seat, as my two crew members settled in the back. A sports bra wouldn't save them now! Only a miracle would allow their safe return, and thankfully I believe, hand on heart, in the occurrence of the breaks of law in nature that is a miracle- sorry Hume!

As I  placed my hand on the accelerator, and my left hand on the starter engine button, I revved as prompted.... Radegund on the other hand didn't....  Radegund conked out.... I tried yet again, composing myself... revvvvvvvv..... and conk, Radegund had done it again! the stubborn git had got me! - busted.... all on camera, for video diary - *^*&%&$$@!!!! I turned around to the passengers, "I'm doing it right!! Right?" With the prompt response that I am meant to rev it, and the retort back, "I am" the conclusion that Radegund had had a late one the night before, and drunk his tank dry, meant a group effort at refueling was created. ...It is interesting what you can do with an empty Spite bottle and a pen knife, and within less than 60 seconds a funnel was created, which was good to see as I was told to bring a "she wee" but was unable to locate one in time for the trip. So my mind has now been put to rest, thanks to Radegund's thirst, as I finally have the girl scout way to achieve such a recycled she wee device, while out "in the field" ... although it would probably be the consumption of the Sprite bottle that would lead to needing to relieve oneself through said bottle.. but it is all relative! Ah, there I go... off topic...!

So with petrol in tank, passengers in back, the camera switched on, and the she wee problem solved, I cracked the bad boy into first and chugged along in motion, up to second, and I had got it! FINALLY!! As I circled around the car park, breeze in hair, grin on face, I reformed the dream that had been thrown to tatters on the floor the day before! The dream of the Honda Bike purchase, the black leathers, the blonde hair curtain fall, (a sore subject at the moment as was advised to dye it brown for this trip and it hurts!!! I am a natural blonde - take me back please, my roots sob daily!) powering through country lanes, drawing up, and Bond girling it off that thing, the dream was back! Mw ha ha ha! Oh did I forget to mention that while waiting to the side of the road, a car reversed into the front of Radegund, with me stationary behind the wheel, all caught on camera, and no language but Russian being batted around...? Slipped my mind you say? I guess they are right, too much day dreaming Can be dangerous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment