Saturday 25 September 2010

Ode to the Re-hydration Sachet!

On this trip I have brought a total of 35 re-hydration sachets, with 3, so far, ingested. By the end of the trip I feel it will be appropriate to publish my first manuscript, "Re-Hydration Sachets - It's tipple time!" (a must have for all purchases of this product), with yours truly on the cover, as a 1950's housewife, with drink in toe, and an apron around my waist looking angelically at the camera!


So far I have discovered the following about above product;


            1, Solution is preferred in a china tea cup vs. a plastic cup - taste acquired depending...
            2, Always apply a stirrer to said procedure of infusion, in fact anything will do, including a nicely
            nail varnished index finger, or even a chipped one, as gentle ebbing of cup in a circular motion
            will never do justice to  final product.
            3, Do not mix said powder with sparkling soda water as the poor buggar only gets confused as
            to which should be the fizziest, the powder / water, so sin gas it is highly advised!


So please keep yourselves posted for the publishing of said effervescent drink findings, in which I will endeavor to have found the perfect stirrer, container, whether "Sir" prefers it "shaken or stirred" and the most satisfactory mixer. With this quest completed, the first addition will be fresh off the press, and with every first addition I will kindly attach the "perfect stirrer" to the front of the book.
(If you mention this blog when purchasing, "Re-Hydration Sachets - It's tipple time!"  you will receive one free book with every one you buy, for the perfect stocking filler! I am assuming this as like most first time published authors, I will over estimate the amount of copies I will need, for this already over saturated market that is powdered cocktails, and will have a warehouse full of books which will need shifting!!)!!

 One thing that is of concern is that it's been four days since I arrived, that's FOUR DAYS working in a production office, staying in a bedroom, on proper sofa bed, food is substantially similar to the UK, just slightly less fruit and veg, but it can be found - and has been found! and water intake has been out of a bottle and of similar quantity as to the UK. So the concern is, with all these similarities to home... and being in a civilized city with most mod cons... and not being, "out in the field," yet... If I can drop a jean size in two days, and have had three re-hydration sachets, and a few immodiums thrown in for good measure, I can only presume that I am most likely going to drop a vital organ while tracing tea! 

Oh well! "Bottoms up comrades!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment